June 17, 2016 / Retirementallychallenged.com

Summer reruns

summer break

Summer officially begins this coming Monday and our daily life is starting to get increasingly active and full. House guests, festivals, and get togethers with friends and family are all beginning to converge at once. I love summer, but it can get hectic (what did I do before I retired?).

In order to have more time to devote to not making myself too crazy, I will be taking a few weeks off from blogging. I might be able to get one or two simple GratiTuesday posts up, but probably not much more than that.

I have been blogging since 2013 and, like most bloggers, I had just a few followers for longer than I’d like to admit. All those early pearls of wisdom and only my husband and a few loyal friends were lucky enough to read them… so sad.

Anyway, for those who missed my early posts (and that would probably be you), I will rerun some of my moldy oldies favorites over the new few weeks. If you are reading them for the first time, I hope you enjoy them. If you’ve read them before, thanks so much for sticking around for so long.

See you in a few weeks!

1. joannesisco / Jun 17 2016 3:17 am

Happy summer and looking forward to meeting with you in July!! 🙂

2. Denise Hammond / Jun 17 2016 3:56 am

Wow. Nice to know that I am not the only retiree who is too busy to blog. Eight years into retirement and I have less time to waste than when I was working. Enjoy your summer. (And hey, us old folks can read a blog from last year and not remember it, lol)

3. dconnollyislandgmailcom / Jun 17 2016 5:35 am

Have a great break, Janis! I look forward to reading your “summer reruns”.
    Donna

4. patwdoyle11 / Jun 17 2016 5:49 am

What a great idea to repost some favs! It will be interesting to hear your voice of 2 years ago. Enjoy your time “off”. I will miss your insightful comments on my blog.

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 17 2016 4:38 pm

Thank you! I’ll be around a little bit to read and comment on the blogs I follow, but just not so much. Funny thing that I noticed about my earlier posts is that they were longer… not sure why.

5. laura bruno lilly / Jun 17 2016 5:52 am

Yesss…you’re doing something I’ve thought of doing, too. And while my ‘followers’ haven’t increased significantly, the idea behind your ‘recycling’ of posts is valid!
    I’m just now getting back online, so I’ll miss your comments, but look forward to your ‘reruns’
    Enjoy you’re summer.
    🙂

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 17 2016 4:41 pm

I’m going to still try to read and comment when I can, but probably not as much. The not thinking about writing blog posts will be a nice break, though.

6. Kate Crimmins / Jun 17 2016 6:15 am

Enjoy your time off. I too am always overwhelmed by summer. (How did we work and do stuff?) I wish our summer was longer! I love the occasional day with nothing on the schedule to fritter away as I please. Bring on the reruns!

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 17 2016 4:44 pm

I often wonder how people are able to work AND get anything done. Sometimes I’m a little embarrassed about the things that “overwhelm” me these days. 😄

7. susan@onesmallwalk / Jun 17 2016 8:01 am

Such a great idea. I’ll look forward to those early pearls. Enjoy yourself (we all need a break every once in a while, right?)

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 17 2016 4:47 pm

“Pearls” might be a bit of an over-sell. 😄 A break will be nice… I hope that my abilities to pre-schedule posts work as well for me as they did for you.

• susan@onesmallwalk / Jun 18 2016 7:53 am

I think the key is to remember to ‘save’ – the button, as I recall, is waaaay on the bottom of the page! 😉

8. Encore Voyage / Jun 17 2016 9:13 am

The care and feeding of a blog takes lots of time, as you know. But since I’m fairly new to the game, I will love reading your earlier posts. They’ll help me get to know you even better! Enjoy your break, Janis! ~ Lynn

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 17 2016 4:49 pm

Thank you! I pick a few older ones that still resonated with me (and hopefully found and fixed all the old typos).

9. Joe / Jun 17 2016 9:22 am

Enjoy your summer break, Janis. I will enjoy reading your earlier material, and look forward to your fresh posts when you return.

10. Jill Foer Hirsch / Jun 17 2016 11:17 am

Enjoy! And as a newer reader, I look forward to seeing some of your earlier posts. I know how hard it is to persevere when you feel like no one is reading, so good to give some posts the light of day again.

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 17 2016 4:53 pm

You are so right! I remember getting my first follower that I wasn’t related to or had dirt on… they actually chose to read my blog! She is still my best virtual friend just for that reason.

11. Keith / Jun 17 2016 2:14 pm

Janis, enjoy the break. Take care and have one for me. Keith

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 17 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks, Keith. I’ll still be around in your comment section now and then. 😄

• Keith / Jun 18 2016 7:43 am

Janis, you are always welcome. I hope you enjoy your time away. Keith

12. Terri Webster Schrandt / Jun 17 2016 8:15 pm

Enjoy your break!

13. Carol Ferenc / Jun 19 2016 12:12 pm

Have a wonderful break, Janis. That’s something every blogger should do now and then 🙂

14. betsysbeat / Jun 20 2016 11:26 am

Enjoy your time off! I too have been challenged to write posts recently. I was gone all of May and will be traveling most of July through mid-September, so June has been a catch-up/get-ahead month. I like your recycle idea – I’ve only managed one post since our May roadtrip. It’s amazing how time consuming blogging can be!

• Retirementallychallenged.com / Jun 20 2016 6:06 pm

I think it’s interesting how an unpaid gig like blogging can sometimes feel like a commitment… or even – gasp – a job! I look forward to reading about your travels when you return (or not… no pressure). 😄