Last week, Sammy over at Bemuzin, posted a list of ten things she loves and ten things she hates. She had been tagged by a fellow blogger to participate in the Love-Hate Challenge, then she tagged ten different bloggers to pass the baton to, including me.
Fortunately, she didn’t list “procrastinators” as one of the ten things she hates, because I’m a bit tardy submitting my lists to the blogosphere.
For my lists, I’m going to change it up a bit (Sammy also didn’t include “rule-breakers” on her hated list, so I think I’m in the clear). First, few things rise to the level of “hate” in my life, so I will modify my list titles a bit. Second, I’m not going to tag a new group. But, give some thought to compiling your own lists, it was a lot of fun!
Ten things that take me to my happy place:
- Beginning the morning lazing about and cuddling with my husband
- Sitting on my deck and enjoying the sunshine
- Taking walks with friends for exercise and conversation
- Starting a new book and, after just a few pages, realizing that it’s REALLY good
- Our blueberry bushes bursting with berries
- All the yummies we make with our blueberry harvest
- Small get-togethers with friends – good conversation, good food, and good wine
- Road trips
- National Public Radio
- Coaxing a contented purr from a kitty by scratching behind its ears
Ten things that harsh my buzz:
- Guilt-tipping (I talk all about it here)
- When people post controversial things on Facebook without checking its authenticity
- Drivers who endanger themselves and others by texting or talking on their cellphones
- Mean people
- Cooked carrots
- When I forget someone’s name and have to fumble around in my brain to retrieve it
- Missing Stephen Colbert and, soon, Jon Stewart on Comedy Central
- Ever-shrinking seats on airplanes
- People who don’t pick up their dog’s poop